Sometimes dietary adjustments are not enough. In pursuit of the underlying cause of symptoms and ailments, the following tests may be extraordinarily helpful sleuthing tools.
Nutritional Deficiency Testing by SpectraCell Labs is a blood test that identifies an individual’s functional deficiency of 11 nutrients, as well as glucose-insulin metabolism, fructose sensitivity and robustness of the immune system and antioxidant levels. More info here.
MTHFR Genotyping by SpectraCell labs reveals flaws in two MTHFR genes (C677T and A1298C). These genes hold instructions for manufacturing an enzyme that is necessary for activating folate and vitamin B. Deficiency in this enzyme can cause or contribute to various health conditions. This test is included free with the Nutrient Deficiency Test. More info here.
Mediator-Release Testing (MRT) by Iso-Lab is a blood test that helps identify which foods may be causing inflammation (aka. food sensitivities). This is different, and potentially more helpful than other assays that measure IgG antibodies.
- Stool testing by Genova and Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory
- Selected tests from Dunwoody Labs
Other available lab tests:
- Particle-size Cholesterol testing by SpectraCell (blood serum, done at blood lab)
- Gluten Sensitivity testing by Cyrex Labs (saliva, done at home)
- Gluten genomic testing by Enterolabs (cheek swab, done at home)
- Anyone, not just practitioners, may order this test!
- Vitamin D levels by ZRT (blood spot, done at home)
- Thyroid levels by SpectraCell (blood serum, done at blood lab)
- SIBO & h-pylori breath tests (breath test, done at home)
- Intestinal Permeability (urine test, done at home)
- GI MAP that measures pathogens (parasites, bacteria & yeast) by Diagnostic Solutions Lab (stool test, done at home)
- Heavy metals by Great Plains (blood serum and/or urine, done at blood lab)
- Hair mineral testing by ARL (hair, done at home).
- Other traditional tests can be ordered through DirectLabs.com.