How do you like these random tips from Food Pharmacy?
- Packets of yellow mustard: Use for leg cramps or burns. Some use to ease symptoms of heartburn.
- Packets of soy sauce: Can ease the discomfort from a mild burn right after the area is immersed in cold water.
- Finely ground black pepper: Can help stop bleeding from a minor cut or scrape.
- Meat tenderizer: Mixing a paste of meat tenderizer and water or vinegar can ease the pain from a bee sting.
- Vinegar: Small swig can combat muscle cramps or help relieve heartburn.
- Castor oil: Helpful for fire ant bites, warts, bruises and sore joints.
- Adhesive tape: Use to remove ticks you may find crawling on you.
- Sugarless gum: Has a laxative effect. Can also stimulate saliva and ease symptoms of heartburn.
- Ginger: Can relieve motion sickness. May also help headaches, coughs & heartburn.
- Coffee: May aid in asthma attack: 2 or 3 cups of regular coffee can open airways in a pinch.
And then there’s Milk of Magnesia… not a food, of course, but it can be pretty helpful to have around!
- If you have constipation, be sure to visit your local Registered Dietitian to figure out the root cause and remove it!
- MoM can be used topically as a deodorant and to dry up skin eruptions like acne & poison ivy rash.
- Also may help soothe eczema. But keep in mind, eczema is often caused by food allergy so please be sure to get some advice from a nutritionist so that you can eliminate the problem and keep your milk of magnesia in the closet.