Adapted from: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/01/chocolate-chia-pudding-and-other-sugar-free-flour-free-desserts.html
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (stevia, sugar, xylitol, maple syrup, dates…)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 to 1 cup raspberries, cherries, or other fruit, plus additional for garnish
- Place the milk, vanilla, and cocoa into the blender and add sweetener to taste (about 2 servings worth). Blend until cocoa is completely incorporated.
- Pour milk mixture into a bowl and add the chia seeds. Stir well, making sure that all the seeds are moistened. Leave out on the counter and stir periodically (about every 15 minutes or so), breaking up any clusters that form. Allow it to stand until the pudding has thickened and all liquid has been absorbed, at least an hour.
- Refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in fruit. Serve topped with additional fruit.